Services For Potential Investors
The Free State Development Corporation invites potential local and foreign investors to take advantage of the Free State’s compelling proposition when looking for an investment destination.
Offering you quality service at no cost.
FDC should be your first point of contact for your investment needs in the Free State. At no cost to you, the agency will assist you in identifying opportunities and facilitating their development.
Our services to investors include:
- Identifying and developing viable investment opportunities
- Packaging of investment opportunities
- Facilitation of these opportunities by
- Identifying appropriate locations for the investment
- Assisting with securing of office and factory premises
- Providing advice on statutory requirements
- Facilitation of work permits
- Assistance with incentive applications
- Providing advice on environmental impact assessments
- Facilitation of finance through local institutions
- Facilitation of joint ventures/equity partnerships through identification of local partners
- Access to business and government networks
- Business retention and expansion
- Assisting with the development of local and international markets.
FDC have a targeted approach to growth sectors.
The programmes current targeted sectors, although not inclusive include:
- Special Economic Zone (Industrial Development Zone)
- Mining and Mineral Beneficiation
- Agriculture and Agro-processing
- Renewable Energy
- Tourism Infrastructure
- ICT and BPS
- Transport and Logistics
- General Manufacturing
- Chemical Down Streaming
This division is currently in the process of conducting feasibility studies for a wide range of investment opportunities.
Services For Exporters
With the South African economy becoming increasingly integrated into the global economy there is a growing need for local business to diversify and become exporters of goods and services. FDC aims to increase the value of exports from the province by assisting exporters to gain access to foreign markets.
Together with enterprises such as the Small Business Development Enterprise Agency (SEDA), FDC will continue to assist producers and manufacturers to develop their export capabilities. In their quest to support regional co-operation in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), FDC will compile country briefs in order to promote intra-regional trade.
FDC will also assist exporters to take advantage of access to wider markets. The following services are provided to existing or emerging exporters:
- Compilation of a database of exporters and potential exporters in the Free State Province
- Providing platforms for product promotion at local, international trade exhibitions
- Business to Business meetings
- Capacity building workshops
- Linking foreign buyers to local exporters
- Disseminating trade leads and enquiries
- Networking opportunities
- Advice on export incentives
- Facilitating applications on export promotion incentives (EMIA)
- Facilitation of targeted Outward Selling Missions
- Assisting exporters with primary market research
- Invitations to meet with inward trade missions
- Technical advice on exporting procedures