The Free State Development Corporation (FDC) is a specialist economic development agency formed to offer the Free State people and potential investors a wide selection of services. These services include:
- SMME support - both financial (through loans) and non-financial support
- Property development and management
- Providing investors with a comprehensive service in setting up business
- Providing export ready Free State companies with assistance in identifying new markets and export opportunities for their products.
To be the leading development agency contributing to the economic growth of the Free State Province.
To provide financial and business support services to SMME's and Cooperatives; development and management of properties as well as to facilitate and promote investments and exports in the Free State Province.
- To contribute to the economic growth of the Free State Province
- To build a sustainable organisation that strives for business and service delivery excellence
The FDC Corporate Blueprint Strategic Objectives
- Create a conducive business and effective collaborative environment to attract investment, promote exports and develop enterprises
- Develop, facilitate and promote viable foreign and local investments for the Free State Province
- Attain organisation operational sustainability
- Develop and manage property portfolio to achieve and maintain sustainability thereof
- To effectively develop sustainable SMME's and Cooperatives through financial assistance and support
- To effectively provide business development support services to SMME's and Cooperatives to ensure sustainability
- Promote and increase the number of exporters from the province
- Increase and manage market awareness of FDC services and the Free State as a preferred business destination
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and all applicable legislation and regulations to streamline operations
- Support customer centric business processes by decreasing turnaround time in all FDC services
- To build a fully capacitated workforce through investing in human capacity
- To build and maintain FDC's information systems in order to enhance organisational efficiency and intellectual capability